St. Francis Area Schools is seeking community volunteers to serve as members of the ACT Committee. There are openings for four parents (two at early childhood to 5th grade and two at 6th-12th grade). Additionally there is one opening at each of the following categories: resident without school age children, non-representative of local business or industry; and resident representative of local business or industry.
If interested, please contact Stacy Peikert (email@example.com).
The ACT Committee supports teachers in providing the highest level of instruction for students. To carry out its mission, the committee is empowered to:
· Coordinate and disseminate information;
· Provide recommendations to the School Board related to necessary policies and procedures in the areas of curriculum and instruction to be adopted by the School Board;
· Coordinate District-wide planning regarding teaching practices in the District;
· Respond to teachers needs related to curriculum, instruction, and standards;
· Receive recommendations from the Curriculum and Instruction Advisory Committee and other organized groups within the District as part of establishing its recommendations to the Board in #2 above.
· Establish operating procedures for the committee and subcommittees as deemed necessary.
· Reviewing the school district instructional and curriculum plan, with emphasis on implementing the Minnesota Graduation Standards;
· Identifying annual instruction and curriculum improvement goals that align with district wide goals for recommendation to the school board.
· Making recommendations regarding the evaluation process that will be used to measure school district progress toward its goals;
· Advising the school board about development of the annual budget.
· Interest in Curriculum and instruction
· Demonstrates the ability to collaborate with others
· Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a problem solving team to come to consensus on issues.
· Ability to meet one Monday a month during the school year.
Report to: Facilitator of committee
Term: Terms typically are 2 years.
Selection: Staff will email interest to the facilitator after receiving email notification of an open role. The Superintendent will make a final decision on membership.